1. users having problems swapping between the two collections due to them being unintuitive which lead to users having to go back to the home screen to change collection. Solved by incorporating a quick switch option between collections from any area of the site.
2. lack of a way for users to track their orders, payments, etc as the user control panel only had a way to edit their information. Solved by creating a fully fledges user dashboard, offering complete control.
3. users getting redirected to their mini control panel once they logged in instead of the page they were previously leading to website errors. Solved by changing the flow, so they would be redirected to the area they were on.
4. users were encouraged to click on the back button multiple times to navigate between pages, solved by incorporating a slimmer better navigation at key visual location, bread crumbs and the ability to easy switch between collections
5. users could only see products on only 30% of the screen due to the top and bottom taking the additional screen space, solved by redesigning the top bar and the navigation
6. users couldn’t see which is a clickable link, solved by using arrows and underlines for links
7. lack of a visual hierarchy which lead to users having difficulties identifying which is the button for their account, solved by using color to attract users attention to key visual elements
8. users would get redirected to a separate page when pressing the login button, solved by using a quick drop down login form thus reducing extra interactions and the time spent waiting for the page to load
9. users weren’t encouraged to explore other area of the site, affecting sales, solved by displaying a best buy area, suggesting related products and other similar tweaks